Sunday, March 6, 2011

give thanks-give service


Today I watched a show called Secret Millionaire. This woman, who at age 21 was homeless on the streets, two years later she is a successful business woman making millions. She went and gave service to people who needed it. Certain programs and in the end donated and gave them money. It made me think of how awesome I have it. There are people right now living on the streets: hungry, cold, sick, lonely, fighting for something better. I often find myself thinking..if i could only have more clothes like her.. or i wish i could do the things she does. But then I realize I have it so good. I am a special needs councilor for the special needs mutual and each week and go and see how happy they are about life and what they are able to do. I loose myself in them.. They are so thankful for what they have and so wise. They make me so happy, and i leave wanting to be like them. I am so thankful for my abilities and my motivation for things that are important to me. I hope when I die i have put a dent on the earth. I want to give more service and help people's lives become easier for them. Giving service makes me so happy to see the look on people's faces when you have done something for them. 

1 comment:

  1. Awh I totally watched that same show and it induced some of the same emotions for me!! I love it :)

    ReplyDelete